Soffit and fascia are an important part of the structure of your home. Not only do they protect your roof by keeping out debris, water, and rodents, but they’ll also give your house a more polished and finished look.
As with most things, soffit and fascia will deteriorate over time if not well looked after and when this happens, you should consider replacing them. Here are some signs that you might need to replace your soffit and fascia:
1. Cracked and flaking paint. The soffit and fascia of your roof play a functional and aesthetic role. Cracks will not only look bad, but they can also lead to leaking, which is why it’s best to hire a professional to look at the damage and install a soffit and fascia system.
2. Suspected asbestos. Asbestos is extremely dangerous to your family’s health and well-being. You should call in home exterior experts at the first sign that asbestos may have been used in your existing fascia and soffits. They can help determine if you have a problem and how to deal with it safely.
3. Evidence of pests. Nothing can be more troublesome than having pests in your home. Not only that, but rodents and bugs can cause severe damage to your roof. Soffits and fascia are designed to keep rodents out of your roof and attic, so if they’re still getting into your household, it could indicate a need for repair or replacement.
4. Lack of ventilation in your home. Soffit and fascia provide ventilation to your attic. If you’re finding that very little ventilation is making its way into your home, this could indicate that your soffit/fascia are blocked or damaged. If so, you’ll need to replace them right away.
5. Water in your roof void. When left to pool, water can quickly cause a lot of damage to your roof. Whether it leads to rot or mold, you could end up with costly repairs before your home is safe to live in again. You should check your soffits and fascia to see if they’re letting water leak into your roof void. If they are, get them replaced straight away.
To find out more about our comprehensive and high-quality siding and fascia installation and repair services for your home exterior needs, visit us at Chinook Exteriors, Calgary, Alberta, T3M, 0A9.