Choosing the right new windows and doors for your home can be a bit of a challenge and can feel overwhelming. Whether you’re installing windows in new-construction or replacing old windows and doors, there are lots of options varying in materials, style and operation.
Vinyl is a popular choice for replacement windows. The most economical choice is vinyl slider windows. They’re durable, low maintenance, easy to use and extremely versatile. Vinyl casement and awning windows are also durable and low maintenance, but also provide a little more energy efficiency as they ensure an airtight seal.
Learn more about the pros and cons of each from Gienow Renovations.
Aluminum-clad vinyl windows are the newest style of windows to hit the market. They’re often referred to as a hybrid window, offering the best features of both vinyl and aluminum-clad windows. They’re available in a variety of colours, giving your home’s exterior a bold but clean look. They’re essentially maintenance free and are a great option for those looking to boost curb appeal.
This option is great for those who want the traditional look of wood windows without the hassle of constant upkeep. Choose from a variety of eye-catching colours to create a bold exterior look. They look great from the inside too and you can even paint or stain them to match your interior design.
Personalize your home with custom windows without compromising energy efficiency, functionality or the style of your home. Gienow Renovations can design and build specialty windows. Whether you’re looking for curved, bay or bow windows or windows to fit a unique space, Gienow can offer the perfect combination of form, function and luxury to suite your needs.
Window Options and Accessories
Once you’ve chosen the type of windows, there are lots of other options and accessories to consider. A professional window manufacturer and installer will walk you through these options to help you make the right choice for your home and requirements.
- Glazing: From maximizing R-value, blocking summer heat, or minimizing damaging UV light, there are a wide variety of glass styles that can meet your needs.
- Obscure Glass: Textured or coloured glass gives privacy while still allow light to come in.
- Frame Colors: Find the frame colour to match your home’s design.
- In-Glass Grille: Add beauty and distinction to your home. Available in a variety of colours, sizes and patterns.
- SDLs and SMLs: Simulated Divided Lites (SDL) and Simulated Mullion Lites (SML) give windows the traditional look of individual divided lites without losing energy efficiency.
- Brickmould Frame: This makes your windows and doors really stand out.
- Window Hardware: Choose your window hardware including crank handles and locks. They come in different styles and colours.
Gienow Renovations is a reputable renovation company with an expertise in windows and doors. They’re one of Calgary’s Best Window Companies, ensuring you’ll receive high quality products, exceptional workmanship and all the expert advice you’ll need to help you choose your new windows.