Blog is written by Concrete Options in Edmonton
It is that time of the year where your concrete is on full display revealing the cracks, discoloration or unevenness in the surface. You are in need of a repair or replacement but did you know that concrete is not your only option these days? Rubber paving is a great alternative to the traditional concrete pavement . Rubber paving is not new; as a matter of fact, it has been around for many years but it was primarily used on commercial properties and playgrounds. Residential use has grown in popularity in recent years.
Concrete (Resurfacing) Options is an environmentally friendly company who resurfaces concrete, using 100% Recycled Tires to rejuvenate and add new life to your concrete. It can be aged, tired, cracked, heaved, sunken, spalled or just plain not good looking concrete. They use their combined 30+ years of resurfacing experience to analyse the best method of application of concrete repair & rubber paving.
Concrete Options is a locally owned and operated company, servicing greater Edmonton and a little further. They pride themselves on their high level of customer service and the ability to enhance the home owner’s home while reducing your liability. They highlight 10 benefits of rubber paving.
Here is a list of some of the benefits of Rubber Paving:
- Slip-resistant: Due to the texture of the rubber paving and the sponginess of the rubber.
- Durable: It is recycled tires and urethane, both last a long, long time.
- Aesthetically pleasing: Rubber paving comes in many colours and can be made with borders & designs.
- Keeps concrete and tires out of the landfills: We have used roughly 25,000 tires to date.
- Easier to shovel: Snow & ice can’t stick to the urethane, so it comes off easier. Plus, there are no seams or crack to catch a shovel on!
- Pavement makeover: It can rejuvenate almost any condition of concrete and from the ground up as well.
- Quick turnaround time: In just 24 hours you can walk and play on it, 3 days and you can drive on it (30 days for concrete).
- Accommodate any size and shape: It is poured-in-place so it is a custom-sized matt of any shape or size.
- Doesn’t crack: Rubber paving flexes with ground movement. That means it won’t crack like concrete.
- Easier and cheaper: It is much less expensive and disruptive than replacing your old concrete.
Rubber Paving in Edmonton
Their customers go from being embarrassed by their driveway to proud of the way their driveway enhances the look of their home. Rubber paving can be used for driveways, walkways, steps, patios, walkout basement pad, around fire pits, garages, and more. It can be applied to commercial storefronts and sidewalks. They have applied it inside for a home gym, outside for a basketball court, around pools, boat docks, and places where the grass wouldn’t grow. When considering who to hire to do your rubber paving project, you should ask where the contractor source their materials because not all rubber pavement company uses 100% recycled tires like Concrete (Resurfacing) Options.
Let them help you turn your concrete surfaces into something you can enjoy!