Most folks don’t think about things like emergency locksmith services until they’re standing beside their car on a cold and snowy night realizing they just locked their keys inside. The fact is that no matter how careful you are when it comes to keeping track of your car or house keys there will come a time when you are locked out. And in such cases trying to pick a lock or jimmy open a car door or crack a safe, or even relying on the kindness of strangers to help extricate yourself from the situation, just isn’t going to work. You’ll need a qualified locksmith.
Occasions When You’ll Need to Call for Emergency Locksmith Services
Even the most careful and organized among us occasionally discovers that they need to summon a professional locksmith to help them. Here are some of the reasons that you might find yourself calling for emergency locksmith services:
- You lost your house keys – There are any number of ways for a person to lose their house keys. They may have their purse stolen or they may simply walk out of the house without their keys and not realize it until the door closes behind them. At such times the impulse may be to try and gain entry through a window. But unless you have a lot of experience with such things that is a very dangerous idea. Better to call the locksmith.
- You locked yourself out of your car – This is probably the most common situation that calls for the intervention of a professional locksmith. While in the past you might have been able to call a tow truck and rely on the driver to pop the door using a Slim Jim today’s automotive locks are more complex than ever. If you have keyless entry or some other type of sophisticated locking mechanism you’re going to need to call for emergency locksmith services.
- In the aftermath of a burglary – If your home has been burglarized your first call (after the police) should be to a locksmith to have the locks changed. There is simply no way to be sure that the burglar has not discovered some weakness in your security system. So in order to prevent a return visit the locks should be changed immediately.
- If someone in your family has lost their keys – If you or any member of your family reports that they have lost their keys you should call for emergency locksmith services to come and change the locks immediately. Since there is no way to know who wound up with the keys doing nothing is taking an unnecessary and unreasonable risk.
- Broken keys – Sometimes a key will put up a fight when we go to withdraw it from the lock and it will wind up breaking off. When this happens there are few options but to call for emergency locksmith services. One way to avoid broken keys is to replace old keys before they get so brittle and weak that they become susceptible to breaking.
- You need a new transponder key – Sometimes people lose the keys to their car and that includes the transponder. In that case simply opening the door isn’t going to be enough. You need to have the transponder replaced as well as the key. In such situations you’re going to need the services of an emergency locksmith.
Emergency locksmiths allow us to overcome the challenges we face when we find ourselves locked out of our home or car. The licensed professionals at B&W Locksmith and Auto – 403-313-7882 stand ready and willing to help 24/7/365.