A duct system that is properly sealed and designed correctly will run more efficiently and make sure your home is safe and comfortable. Your furnace and heating system works hard to keep your home warm in our cold winters. Ducts are used to distribute the warm and humidified air from your furnace into the rest of your house. According to Energy Star, 20-30 percent of the air that moves through your duct system is lost because of leaks or poor connections within the duct system.
Is my duct system performing poorly?
Here are some signs that you might be suffering from poor duct performance:
– Your utility bills are higher than usual.
– Some rooms in your house seem stuffy or dusty.
– Some rooms in your house never seem warm enough.
– You can actually see there are tangled, kinked or disconnected ducts in your system.
What problems cause poor duct performance?
– Leaks at the furnace and filter slot.
– Kinks in flexible duct work that are restricting air flow – keeping in mind that flexible duct work should be very rarely used for heating system duct work.
– Physical holes in the ducts, or worse, ducts that are literally coming apart at the seams!
– Registers and grills that are not sealed properly.
Having an efficient and properly installed heating system in your home is essential to maintaining the proper climate for you and your family. Horizon Heating Ltd. in Calgary has been providing furnace and heating solutions to the Calgary area for almost 30 years. If you suspect an issue with your furnace or duct system, contact the professionals at Horizon Heating.
Benefits of properly cleaned and maintained ducts:
If your duct system is working well and is properly sealed, cleaned and maintained regularly you will start to reap the benefits!
Good duct performance can help you save money on your energy bills. A leak-free duct system will deliver the conditioned air to the intended areas of your home – increasing the performance of your furnace. It won’t be long before you start to see the savings.
Regular duct cleaning will ensure your ducts are clear of dust and other debris. That means less allergens will blow into your home when the furnace kicks in, improving your overall indoor air quality.
Calgary Heating & Air Conditioning Company
Horizon Heating Ltd. has been providing quality and affordable heating, air conditioning and indoor air quality solutions to Albertans since 1988. They offer heating system installations and service including duct cleaning as well as air conditioning sales and service, renovation solutions and indoor air quality and accessories.
Have a question about your heating system?