Blog submitted by Renewal by Andersen of British Columbia
Renovating your windows with Renewal by Andersen means choosing the best quality windows and patio doors on the market. For more than a century, Andersen products and patents have revolutionized the window and door industry. Now, they offer three stand-out, exclusive materials no other window manufacturer can offer: Fibrex® material window frames; High-Performance Low-E4® glass options; and high-transparency insect screens, TruScene® insect screens.
All of Renewal by Andersen’s window frames are made from Fibrex, a revolutionary composite made from reclaimed wood fiber blended with polymer. Fibrex gives their windows the strength and durability of wood with the low maintenance of vinyl, while helping prevent the thermal transmittance that can be found in other window materials, like metal. Fibrex composite material doesn’t flake, rust, blister, peel, crack, pit, or corrode. Scraping or painting your windows will never be a worry again.
Fibrex is twice as strong as vinyl and stays weathertight for longer.
– Colour is fused to Fibrex for long-lasting beauty, allowing dark exterior colours not available on most other replacement windows.
– Fibrexmaterial blocks thermal transfer nearly 700 times better than aluminum, which helps reduce heating and cooling bills.
– Fibrexmaterial retains its stability and rigidity in all climates and resists warping and bowing.
2. High-Performance Low-E4 Glass
There are four types of Low-E4 High Performance glass. Some are better for warmer climates, others for cooler climates.
– Low-E4® SmartSun™ Glass: blocks 95% of harsh UV rays.
– Low-E4® Glass: blocks 84% of harmful UV rays, keeps your home cooler in summer, warmer in winter.
– Low-E4® SmartSun™ Glass with HeatLock® Technology: keeps your living space warmer with an addition energy-saving glass coating.
– Low-E4® Sun Glass: utilizes a subtle tint to help block out heat from the sun, ideal for hot and dry climates.
3. TruScene Insect Screens
Fiberglass insect screens are included with every operable window from Renewal by Andersen. Each is lightweight and designed to be easily removed for cleaning.
– Fiberglass, aluminum, or TruScene insect screens can be chosen.
– Renewal by Andersen’s TruScene insect screens are virtually invisible with 50% more clarity than their standard insect screens. Made with micro-fine stainless-steel mesh, it keeps even the smallest insects out.
When you work with Renewal by Andersen of British Columbia, you can be confident that you’re getting an exclusive product that looks beautiful and lasts. Renewal by Andersen pairs a legacy of quality and innovation with a skilled team of specialists who are dedicated to making your window replacement one of the best home improvement projects you’ve ever done. Get in touch today!