The benefits of a home renovation
Not only will a major home renovation improve the aesthetics and your own personal enjoyment of your home, it will also increase your home’s resale value and can be a very smart investment.
For example, a minor kitchen remodel will recoup over 80 per cent of it’s cost at resale, according to Remodelling Magazine’s Cost vs. Value report for 2017. That also means that if you spend about $20,000 on a new kitchen you can expect your property value to increase by nearly $17,000. Plus, having an updated home will also help attract home buyers and make for a quicker sale if you ever decide to put your house on the real estate market.
Actis Projects in Vancouver shares what you might expect during your major home renovation project:
Learning about the home renovation process.
The process of remodeling your space can be a positive and fun experience, but it is a big job! Having clear communication before and during the renovation, and understanding the renovation process itself, will ensure your project is completed on time, on budget and how you envisioned it. With Actis Projects, you can expect this process:
1. Discus the possibilities for your space: You’ll have an initial meeting with the general contractor so they can learn what is and what isn’t working in your space. This is your opportunity to share your dreams and ideas and to discuss the possibilities for your home renovation while considering your timeline and budget.
2. A design plan will be created: a design team will take your ideas and combine them with their expertise to create a design plan that checks everything off your wish-list. You’ll also be provided with a detailed scope of work and quote for your renovation.
3. Get to know the team working on your project: A sign of a trustworthy and reputable renovation company is one that welcomes you to check their references and visit other projects like yours that are currently in process. It means they are proud of their work and know that once your project is complete, you will be proud of it too. At this time, you’ll be invited to call their references, go check out a few of their projects, meet their team and learn more about the great work that they do.
4. Finalizing the design plan: Once you’ve decided to go ahead with the project you can make revisions to the design plan. They’ll meet with you to go over revisions and discuss pricing and preliminary budgets for specific materials that will be used for the project. Once you are happy with everything, the official contract will be finalized and signed.
5. Selecting materials and features. Now comes the fun part – choosing the materials and features for your home renovation project. This is when you get to pick out things like flooring, countertops, back splash and paint colour. The design team will help you choose materials that create a unified theme throughout the project and can offer some inspiration if you’re not sure where to start.
6. Construction will begin: Once the work begins in your home, you will be updated and educated on each stage of the project. Your general contractor will take care of scheduling and managing all of the trades that will be working in your home. They will also be available to answer any questions you might have and will deal with any challenges quickly and with transparency.
7. Renovation will be complete: After construction is complete and everything is cleaned up, you can start enjoying your new space.
General Contractors in Vancouver
Actis Projects provides a wide array of construction services including home renovations and additions, home building, condo and strata renovations, commercial projects, and remote access work. Let them guide you through the planning, and help set realistic and achievable goals for your project.