Many Calgary homeowners focus the majority of their attention (maintenance, upgrading, remodeling) on the interior of their home, but did you know that it’s just as important to keep the exterior of your home regularly maintained?
Looking after the exterior of the home, including siding, gutters, soffit, and fascia is critical in the protection of your entire home and will:
- Protect your home from major damage that may lead to high repair bills or replacement costs
- Extend the life of your exterior features
- Maintain your home’s energy efficiency and lower your electricity bills
- Keep your gutters working properly
Soffit and Fascia Suppliers and Home Exterior Experts in Calgary
At Chinook Exteriors, we have the skills, experience, and expertise to install and maintain exterior systems that add protection, air circulation, and increased value to your home. Whether you’re looking for soffit and fascia installation or gutter maintenance, we can meet all your specific needs.
What is Soffit & Fascia and Why Are They Important For Your Home?
While many people may know why certain features such as siding and gutters are important, the majority of homeowners don’t realize that soffit and fascia are equally as important. Here’s everything you need to know about these two exterior home features:
What is Soffit?
Does your roof extend over the walls of your home? These are known as the house eaves or rafters of your roof, and the underside of this overhang, when given a finished appearance, is known as the soffit. Oftentimes, the soffit will be the same color and design as the rest of your home’s siding, but it can be different depending on your personal preferences.
The soffit is important because:
- It helps keep a steady airflow between your roof and attic and prevents moisture build-up and mold.
- It will release the heat from your attic during the hot summer months.
- It keeps animals and insects out of your home. That’s why, if your soffit has any holes or cracks, it’s important to repair or replace it straight away.
What is Fascia?
Fascia goes hand in hand with your home’s soffit and is the area of siding directly above the soffit. This is the exposed board you see on the front of your roof’s overhang. Your fascia is also where your gutters are placed. It is very visible and therefore needs to be kept in good shape to enhance your home’s curb appeal.
Fascia is important because:
- It is the last line of support for the lower edge of the bottom row of roof tiles or shingles
- It’s responsible for holding up your gutters, even during torrential downpours.
- It can help maximize your home’s curb appeal
To find out more about our comprehensive and high-quality siding and fascia installation and repair services for your home exterior needs, visit us at Chinook Exteriors, Calgary, Alberta, T3M, 0A9.